Silent Discomania Terms & Conditions
You (The Customer) are entering into an agreement with us (Miss S L Payne trading as Silent Discomania). These are our terms and conditions of hire that you are agreeing to by using our services. They set out what you can expect from Silent Discomania, and what is expected from you.
1) SDM want your event to be a success, and for you to have a good experience working with us. We undertake to be fair and reasonable, contactable and helpful.
2) SDM undertakes to provide you with the equipment you have booked, in working order, on the date(s) you agreed.
3) Your equipment will include spares so therefore the numbers may differ from what you have ordered. You agree to check and count the equipment within 6 hours of arrival and advise us of quantities received. In the absence of this, our records will stand as the true and accurate quantites originally received by you.
4) SDM checks and maintains all equipment thoroughly, but in the eventuality that damage occurs in transit or dispatch, you will not be charged for any equipment that doesn’t work on arrival. Please report this to us immediately and before the start of your event. Please mark affected equipment clearly before returning (such as stickers on equipment, or placing in a labelled plastic bag). In the event that you do not familiarise yourself with our system and test it before your event please be aware that our scope for assisting you is more limited and we cannot offer a refund in these circumstances.
5) In the event of equipment variation or failure, provided your event can still take place with the equipment supplied this agreement remains intact.
6) SDM supplies and hosts many events in a variety of locations; SDM is happy to advise you and demonstrate our equipment in advance, such that you may check coverage range, audio connection, interference or any requirements specific to your event. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the equipment supplied is suitable for the customer’s specific purposes.
7) SDM will always do everything reasonably possible to honour your booking. In the unlikely event we have to cancel or vary your booking, howsoever caused, the maximum liability of SDM will be the return of any fees paid in lieu of unused equipment.
8) Should you wish to change or vary your booking, SDM will endeavor to accommodate this at any time. If cancellation occurs within 14 days of an event, a cancellation fee of 50% (of total bill) applies. If cancellation is within 72 hours of an event, a cancellation fee of 100% applies.
9) You undertake to arrange access, and be reasonably contactable and available for delivery and collection.
10) You agree to have all equipment ready for collection on the agreed day set out when the order is confirmed. Missed collections are liable to be charged an additional night’s hire fee for every day collection is delayed, as well as the price of any missed collections and extra costs in recovering equipment.
Loss or damage to equipment
11) You undertake to treat the equipment well and return it in the condition provided.
12) You undertake to store the equipment securely, and be responsible for it and the way it is used until collection.
13) Loss or damage:
- i) You are advised to check and count the quantity of equipment supplied prior to collection, and advise us of the number by email. We are not able to engage in disputes about quantities where this step has not been followed. SDM’s count, inventory and decision regarding missing equipment and discrepancies is final.
- ii) You are advised to ensure the equipment is properly packaged and sealed in containers prior to return.
- iii) If any headphones or other equipment are missing or severely damaged (unrepairable) you agree to pay us the replacement costs at the following rates: Harry Headphones £35+VAT each; Donkey Transmitters £69.99+VAT each; Falcon and Parakeet transmitters £179.99+VAT each; Charge Packs/Storage Containers £24.99+VAT each, Microphones – £99.99+VAT each; I-pods or similar – £149.99+VAT each; Other equipment (including lighting, smoke machine, bubble machine, loudspeakers etc) charged at standard new RRP for the same or equivalent replacement.
- iii) Discretionary reduction- Silent Discomania may offer a 50% reduction in headphone replacement costs where full settlement is paid within 8 days of the scheduled return/collection date and where the number of missing headphones is fewer than 10 or 10% of total order (the greater quantity applies). We are not obliged to offer any discount, and you understand that where matters are not resolved within 8 days, SDM suffers revenue loss due to missing headphones, and also incurs further costs in trying to resolve matters with you which negates our opportunity to extend this discounted period.
- iv) Loss of revenue – where headphones are missing/irreparable and the account is not settled within 8 days as per 14(iii), an additional hire charge of £5 per item per week or part week will be applied until the account is settled.
- v) Where headphones are deemed as lost and paid for, but returned more than 30 days after the event no refund will apply in respect of any fees already paid because of the loss of income already sustained.
- i) It is the customers responsibility to ensure that headphones are collected as agreed and scheduled, even if to be collected from a third party (for example left in venue).
ii) An additional day’s hire charge will be applied for every day that collection is delayed as a result of missed collection.
16) In the event of a major incident affecting the headphones including, but not limited to: fire, theft and flood, please inform us as soon as possible as this may affect future bookings. You must also inform your insurance company, relevant authorities such as the police, and provide us with this information.
17) SDM reserves the right to claim for any other losses resulting from unreasonable loss or damage, or major incidents, including, but not limited to, time and expense, and loss of revenue.
18) By confirming your booking and making payment thru this website you accept the terms of this contract.
19) This contract is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All parties agree that matters will be resolved under British law and by British courts.
20) In the event of dispute, the customer agrees to meet all legal costs of SDM and further costs of enforcement of any debt.